Moo 1st Birthday

Monday 23 February 2009

Why do Women feel so Angry?

I read an article this morning on my way to work and it was like reading something I could have written myself.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1152403/Why-women-feel-ANGRY-Welcome-age-female-rage.html

I must say I consider myself a very lucky woman. I have 2 gorgeous kids who listen to reason (most of the time) and are full of character. And a very loving and lovely husband who does try to pull his weight around the house.

Yet I find myself feeling angry, and not knowing who or what I'm really angry with.
After reading this article, I am finally able to put a finger on what I have been angry about.
It is the realistion that after being single and only looking after only my own interests for 30yrs, I am now responsible for a family - that it is up to me to make sure that the house is clean and tidy, that the weekly grocery shopping is done, that the kids get fed on time, that the dirty clothes get washed and dried, that the kids get enough one-to-one time with each parent and doesnt feel neglected especially since we both work, that they take their vitamins, that the husband doesnt get neglected, that we still do things as a couple, that holidays get booked, the list goes on...

No wonder even though I go to bed when Moo does at 8pm every night, I still wake up feeling like I have been fighting a battle. Because I have! My mind can't go to sleep. When I get woken up in the mid of the night by Moo asking for milk, I find myself thinking of the clothes which are still left wet in the washing machine which I MUST hang out tomorrow, knowing that it will be a mad rush in the morning to get the kids ready and out the house that I would not have time to do it and in the evening, in what little we have after we pick them up and put them to bed, I have to try to spend some quality time with them, put the washing out and try to unwind from a day's work in order to be able to sleep.

I know we all choose the life we live.
That no one ordered me to go back to work and send the 2 kids to a childminder.
But it is tough.
It is f**king difficult!

0 comments: