Moo 1st Birthday

Monday 1 December 2008

Christmas is in the air...

1 Dec...
ALREADY!!!!
how time flies. Can't believe 2008 is almost going to be over.

Last weekend, the warren family finally did something Xmas-ish.
On Sat, we went to the Christmas Fair at St Marys Primary at East Barnet Village. It was really sweet. They had tombola stalls, chocolate wishing well, some stalls selling toys and Xmas stuff, and a Santa Grotto.
We let Boo and Moo have 2 goes on the tombola each, they got some Xmas craft stuff which we intend to do during the Xmas break (I know, it will be too late but it will keep them busy), Daddy bought 15 tokens for the drink tombola but didn't win any wine, only got a bottle of orange squash, Boo has 3 goes on the chocolate wishing well and got 3 pieces of chocolates but only allowed one 'coz her cough was still not 100% better and we avoided the Santa Grotto at all means 'coz the queue was too long!

We then went home and Anne and Geoff came over for a visit. Moo really took to Anne and immediately wanted to go to her right at the door, which is very unusual 'coz he is quite wary of strangers. And the kids got Xmas pressies from them naturally but Daddy immediately hid them so no one gets too excited.

On Sunday, it was pouring!! So we went to Watford for shopping. I was hopeful that we will be able to get some Xmas pressies for our friends and family but of course, it never happens. They were having a free Santa Grotto there and the queue wasnt long so we went and stood in the queue. Boo wasnt very keen on Santa, she later told me she found Santa a bit scary! Daddy also thinks that particular Santa was a bit pants but both kids got a book each and surprisingly, Moo really took an interest to the book and kept opening it and flipping the pages.

I'm at work now (been on conference call since 8am this morning so I'm a little dazed to say the least!). But tomorrow, I'm taking the day off.
Boo and I are going to Hyde Park Winter Wonderland
http://www.hydeparkwinterwonderland.com/
I feel a bit bad that I'm only taking Boo but Moo's still young and doesnt quite get the whole Xmas and Santa thing and I can just about manage the London tube with 1 kid, so I thought, there's always next year for Moo... Sorry my snuggle bear!

0 comments: